The Mix Editor is BandLab's online digital audio workstation, where you're able to create projects as long as 6 minutes, with up to 12 tracks. Here's how to get started in the Mix Editor:
- From your Libary, click on the Mix Editor button to create a new project.
- You will be prompted to the New Track screen where you can choose from these seven options:
- Instruments - Use your keyboard or a MIDI controller to play our selection of virtual instruments
- Drum Machine - Create beats and rhythms with our built-in drum machine
- Voice/Mic - Record your voice or any other sounds
- Guitar - Plug in a guitar to use BandLab as an amp
- Bass - Plug in a bass to use BandLab as an amp
- Import Audio/MIDI - Import audio or MIDI files from your computer
- Browse Loops - Browse our Loop Pack library, sorting them by genres and instruments you're interested in
- After creating the track, make sure to key in your project's Name, Key, Tempo, Time Signature and adjust the Metronome Settings:
- Before getting started with recording, make sure to test the input under the Source setting at the bottom left corner of the Mix Editor. You will know that everything is set when the volume meter is moving.
- Once everything is set, click on the Red Record Button (shortcut R) to start recording. Click the Red Record Button again to stop recording (shortcut Enter).
- After recording, save the project by clicking on the Save button at the top right corner of the screen.
Where can I find more BandLab for Education tutorials?
Additionally, check out the tutorials in our Blog here.
Last but not least, we've added a Mix Editor tutorial under Help > Show Tutorial which will walk you through each of the Mix Editor elements!