Students and teachers can use the Live Session feature to collaborate with each other in real-time on an assignment.
How to create a collaborative assignment and start a Live Session
- Create a New Assignment, click on the Attachments tab, select Create Audio and click Publish Assignment. You will now be directed to the Mix Editor.
- Once you've added your sounds for your assignment in the Mix Editor, click Publish
- In the Publish Assignments Modal, click on Create Student Group
- Key in the name of students you wish to collaborate with and click Publish
- Once published, student(s) must then click on Start Assignment and choose Teacher's Assignment in the pop-up window to begin working on the assignment
- Now, in the Mix Editor, click on the Collaborators tab
- Select Start Live Session to start collaborating in real-time
- You will now be in Edit Mode - only you can record and edit. Any student or teacher who joins the Live Session will be in View Mode - allowing them only to preview the session but not make any changes
How do I hand over control?
By default, the person starting the Live Session will be in Edit Mode. To hand over control to someone else:
- Click the Allow Control Icon in the Collaborators Modal
- Select which Session Collabator you wish to Allow Control to
- Click Allow
- The Collaborator you selected will be in Edit Mode. You will now be in View Mode.